Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:01 am 

Could anyone tell me if there would be any work over in Lanzarote for my wife.She works in Palliative care with the elderly.?
Does Lanzarote have any private care homes etc.?
We ahve been over a few times and are researching the job situation before we sell up in the u.k.
Although we are willing to turn our hands to anything (so long as its legal) to make a living and under no illusion think its going to be easy.
Thanks in advance for any replies. Kevin

k.dewsnap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:21 pm 

There is/was an agency called Starlight over here who offered anything from babysitting to care for the elderly. There is also a day care centre for the elderly in Tias continually advertising for experienced staff, but I think that Spanish would be essential. Maybe that would be a business opportunity for her as I don't know of any English speaking care homes here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:59 pm 

I think that with an ageing ex pat community, many of whome maybe dont speak spanish and dont have family here there is a room for such work. Im not sure how one would go about setting up, but I think if it was done properly it could be a good business / service to offer.
People here look after their own, so fo those who dont have a lot of family to hand it can be a lnely and worrying experience to grow old here. There simply isnt provision made.
For me just wonderful that people do take care of their ageing relatives but for those who dont have that luxury of family,not so wonderful.
There are a few people doing it already helping hands, starlight and a german company too, maybe start by asking them?

http://www.gr8hosts.com

Post subject: Re: Nursing/elderly care in Lanzarote
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:29 pm 

hi Kevin
did you find any info about the nursing in lanzarote. I'm a registered critical care (ITU CCU CORONARY CARE) nurse but i have also done pallitive, and general medicine nursing. My husband and i are moving to lanz soon. problem is @ the minute my spanish is vry poor. But i no i wuld miss nursing as i love my job. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you. phil :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:57 am 

Hi kevin,

How is the thought of the move going? any nearer yet? I moved here in September after setting up a company that organises holidays for people with learning and /or physical disabilities, At the moment we do not offer nursing care, mainly due to not having anyone who has nursing experience, but I would be interested in talking to your wife and discussing some ideas, I may have some work in the future for her in this line of work,

The web addess is http://www.canariescare.com, if your wife wants to get in touch, or send me her details and I will contact her,

Thanks Sally

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:01 pm 

Hi Kevin
I am also a semi retired living in Lanzarote. I would be very interested in corresponding with your wife regarding your inquiry would she be willing to email me directly?
Regards
Jan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:35 am 

Do you realise the original post is almost 9 years old?