Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: On the back of
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:56 pm 

I was on the island April, July and back in September, the two former months was very busy, bars full and restaurants doing well. Bums on seats. Well the ones I was in and talked to. I've noticed my business for the last 24 - 30 months or so and cant help thinking yes the recession is over, however the island I also believe is benefitting and sadly on the back of Sharm, Tunisia, France, Turkey and fear.
Sharm and Tunisia in regards to winter alternative destination especially, but also the rest of the year. I also feel alternate visitors of the winter mature age groups over the past two years are pleasantly surprised and returning once they have discovered it. So now, rather than an alternative substitute, its becoming a calendar ticker for their annual holidays and bookings, Which perhaps was not previously. Imam not gloating on the situation like the airlines ticket prices, its just my thoughts, give me peace and Freedom anytime.

Post subject: Re: On the back of
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:04 pm 

Hard to disagree with you.

What are the chances any of the islands will be the location of a terror attack?

Now, in fairness, the chances of any specific place in mainland Europe being the next target are small too overall. But being on an island means the probability is even smaller again.

There's more chance of another volcanic ash cloud grounding all flights

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:32 pm 

Pub Spy wrote:
Hard to disagree with you.

What are the chances any of the islands will be the location of a terror attack?

Now, in fairness, the chances of any specific place in mainland Europe being the next target are small too overall. But being on an island means the probability is even smaller again.

There's more chance of another volcanic ash cloud grounding all flights

Being ex-forces and spending time in Northern Ireland in the especially violent times of the early 1970's I have noted Lanz as a possible target.

The airport would be a doddle. I'm not going to describe a scenario, but the fact that anyone can get within a few yards of aircraft and the runway . North Africa is oh so close.
But passengers are put through lots of 'nonsense' security .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:37 am 

I would imagine that even though the treat from terrorists carrying out attacks on the Canary Islands is possible, it is unlikely to happen being that its an island as it would require an exit plan unless they were suicide attacks in which case it would be very hard to predict unless the intelligence services have a particular piece of intelligence that an attack is imminent on the Islands

I think it's up to all of us to be diligent and aware but we should not allow ISIS or any other terrorist organization stop us from going about our normal lives and enjoying our holidays no matter where we go...

UK security experts have issued a warning though for a Paris-style attacks, singling out Costa Brava, Costa Blanca and Costa Del Sol as at particular risk.