Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Opening Hours of the New Hiperdino?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm 

Hi folks, does anyone know the opening hours of the second Hiperdino now opened in PB? Not showing on their website yet. Want to see if we can stock up on the evening we arrive to visit your lovely island!

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Opening Hours of the New Hiperdino?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:11 pm 

It opens everyday from 8:30am until 10pm (like the Netto used to) ... also down in Los Coloradas there is now Ropers but they open only until 8:30pm (I think not been down for a while).
Hope this helps!
Phil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:03 pm 

Smashing, that's just what I need to know, we should be able to stock up ok the night we arrive.

Muchisimas Gracias!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:42 pm 

Hi, can anyone tell me where the new hiperdino is, hopefully closer to Las Coloradas than the other one. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:31 am 

When we were last there in December all the Netto supermarkets were re-branded as Hyperdinos. I'm not aware of an actual new one, just looks like Netto have posibly been taken over or sold their stores. Interestingly, some Netto branded goods on the shelves. We had been there a month before and they were all still Nettos then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:45 am 

Yes which "new" hiperdino?!! Wasn't aware there was one? All the nettos had gone when was there in Feb.

But the main big hiperdino in the middle of town with the underground carpark is the best one. That in conjunction with ropers (which is so fab I can't think of enough words...) you will be sorted!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:40 am 

Hi Foodie, in doing my reseach, folks had referred to a second Hiperdino opening in los Corrallilos at the eastern end of Playa Blanca, which is nearer to where we'll stay. Apparently it's indeed a former Netto, but is supposed to be on the same scale as the existing large one. It's shown on the company's website hiperdino.es if you use the search function (for the non-Spanish speaking click on locazidor). Isn't t'internet a wonderful thing! It just didn't mention opening hours...more free parking around it apparently, if that matters to anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:56 pm 

The little Hiperdinos are a lot more expensive for certain things than the big one. Roper's is good for the things it does, but it ain't cheap. Living here, we have rediscovered the art of shopping around that we had lost by blitzing Tesco once a week

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:30 pm 

Dunno where that is but it will probably be a little dinky number - but fine to get basics for breakfast the next day. And only 5 min drive to PB proper if that!

PB is the most expensive resort on the island for food shopping which is annoying - at least the quality is pretty good.

The biggish hiperdino in the middle of the town is good (though not as good as the massive ex vivos hiperdino at Playa Honda) but that combined with Ropers (which gets me almost as excited as I get in the John Lewis food hall on oxford st) will ensure you can rustle up some fab dinners!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:16 pm 

Hiperdino, Cash Diplo, Netto and Supersol ( on the mainland) are all exactly the same company. They just serve different markets... range of goods, price range etc.
If you look here you´ll find the addresses of both the Hiperdinos in Playa Blanca and directions.
Click on cómo llegar and a good map will come up.
http://www.hiperdino.es/Club/frontend/l ... p?clave=10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:44 pm 

Ropers is brilliant and cheap for their own tubs of frozen veg, sausages and potato products. Our kids have a cooked dinner nearly every night with loads of veg brought from there. Big tubs of frozen brocoli about 90 cents, packs of 8 sausages about 1.20 euro. I also find their fruit and veg pretty good too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:07 pm 

You are correct about the frozen tubs, but the fresh veg is dearer than some small fruterias, and the meat, drink, dairy, canned and bottled goods are dearer than the big Hiperdino. As I said, we've rediscovered the art of shopping around. For some things such as yoghurt and cottage cheese Lidl is way cheaper, and probably better. Since it's quite a drive from PB, we stock up when we have other reason to go to Arrecife.

Going back to the original thread, many things in the ex-Netto small Hiperdinos are much more expensive than in the big ones

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:07 am 

foodie wrote:
PB is the most expensive resort on the island for food shopping which is annoying - at least the quality is pretty good.

It WAS!!! Not anymore there are some great places now to pick up a deal like Supermercado Hamster, Supermercardo Cay Beach Papagayo and of course the deals in the big Hiperdinos and Ropers can be great. We've cut our home food budget by about 30% in the last year with all of the changes ... OK it's no LIDL but it is much better and it amazes me that some of the smaller hiperdinos even manage to trade at their prices sometimes!