Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Books | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Parking fine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:12 pm 

Hi all!

Came across this forum trying to find answer on how to pay a parking fine I acquired on my holiday.

had a hire car in playa Blanca last week and on the last day of hire I stupidly didn't see the yellow kurb outside my hotel.

I handed my keys in at 9am at reception and 35 mins before my coach transfer to the airport I was handed a parking fine by the hire company and was instructed to go to the police station to pay. I frantically got in a cab to the police station in playa Blanca to be told it couldn't be payed there.

Unfortunately I had to head back the hotel to get my coach without getting the chance to settle the ticket. Now my dielamma is how do I pay this from the uk ? The ticket was issued by yaiza council and there is a Ibac number on the rear of the ticket. I'm to sure how to pay this?

Post subject: Re: Parking fine
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:43 am 

Hi
Do you mean an IBAN number (International Bank Account Number) on the reverse.....if so call into your bank in the UK and simply arrange to transfer the amount to that account....but here is the problem the amount is reduced for early payment and increases for late payment....so really depends on when you pay ( and the actual date of issue of the fine),or even if you pay...be advised though if you do not pay you will be placed on a list and MAY experience problems should you attempt to return to Spain in the future.For future reference the fine can only be paid at a nominated bank.also usually listed on the rear of the actual ticket or at whichever council issued the fine, local taxes office ,which in Yaiza is located in the Yaiza Town Hall.