Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Playa Blanca - What's it missing??
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:12 pm 

Firstly I'am not having a go at Playa Blanca I love the place but to answer the question
1.Remove three quarters of the Chinese/Asian shops that sell rubbish and replace them with traditional spanish craft shops with some actually making things on site
2.Introducing some Spanish acts around some of the bars that don't know the words to sweet caroline
3.Better use of the area by the church more plays concerts etc
4.Placing a weekly whats on guide in a few places
other than that I see no problems with restaurants something for everyone,definitely no need to extend the harbour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:22 pm 

nica wrote:
I used to like Salt House too, but I can't say I've missed it that much as I think there is a wide choice of great restaurants that range from the more traditional meat/fresh fish to a varied menu in the like if Blue Note and El Mirador in the marina.

I think this post was a great question, and other that what's been mentioned of a Lidl, I'm not sure I can really think what it's lacking! Which is a good thing I guess!

I agree that it's not the sort of place to be putting up night clubs, and that there are plenty of restaurant & bar choices too - I think you're right about the supermarket idea

Does anyone wish they could buy any brands that they are used to in the UK in a supermarket/shop in Lanzarote??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:24 pm 

George cat wrote:
Firstly I'am not having a go at Playa Blanca I love the place but to answer the question
1.Remove three quarters of the Chinese/Asian shops that sell rubbish

Got to agree on that one to be fair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:51 pm 

Quote´´Does anyone wish they could buy any brands that they are used to in the UK in a supermarket/shop in Lanzarote??´´unquote
Afraid that idea is a year too late...... Overseas Supermarket (joint venture between Iceland and Waitrose) opened here last year and has already seen off two of the three small shops which used to sell Brit products and the third is already open in PB so not much call for an alternative ....especially as Overseas beat the others prices by a country mile...
PS you will never ´´get rid´´ of the Chinese shops due to a Govt. ´´initiative´´ that allowed them and only them, to open and pay reduced taxes for a set period,,,,in order to ´´kick-start´´ the economy during the recession....a practice that is still in force.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:17 am 

I see - thanks lanzalocal

I can't remember seeing any of these shops - where are they in PB? Must have missed them, but will check them out when we come back over in March

:D