Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 11:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Quiet times
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:04 am 

trufflehound wrote:
JohnnoNB wrote:
I was in Costa a month ago & went to Pueblo Marinero one evening around 7.30 pm. I wish I'd made a booking, as most of the restaurants were full. On eventually getting a decent table in one of them-(I can't remember the name, but it had Canarian decor) he said that Pueblo is always busy in the evenings.

And you have been coming to Lanz for 5, 10 or 40 years ? :lol:

Or most likely your first excursion ?

Lanz was far busier in the very late 80's and early/mid 90's.

It, like all the rest of the Canary islands has not recovered.

That is a great shame.

But being as our 'unelected rulers' want us in poverty, what can we do ?

Been coming across a lot over the last 25 years and ran a watersports business for nearly 2 years. Perhaps that doesn't quite put me in the 'expert' category like yourself.

The point I was making is that during the time the OP said no-one was gong out, they certainly were-just not in the parts of Costa he happened to have visited.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 am 

Thanks for the massive over reaction Trufflehound.

Perhaps your ludicrous posturing was due to you realising that stupidity of your claim that Lanza was busier in the late 80s when the accomodation capacity was a fraction of what it is now.

I am not doubting that the global recession and specifically spains car crash of an economy and property market, unemployment of 30% etc is having a horrific impact on the Lanzarote tourist market. But the fact is that more people will holiday in Lanza than in 1989.
Not trying to belittle the economic crisis in anyway - just pulling you up for posting rubbish!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm 

Well said Foodie.

His gratuitous, immature outburst was totally uncalled for. I got a similar OTT, sarcastic response to the fact that I had merely pointed out (very much on-topic) that a particular area of Costa Teguise happened to be busy every night I was there during a recent stay. Why?-who knows... maybe he gets 'keyboard aggressive' when drunk, or could it be there are some more deeply rooted psychological issues involved?! :twisted: :o

I first visited Costa in 1988 and there was roughly 40% of the accommodation there is today. Also, as you rightly point out, Playa Blanca was pretty insignificant as a tourist destination; a small, sleepy fishing village with the first few Wimpey Timeshare villas under construction, two or three hotels and not much else...