Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Recommendations please - bars and restaurants
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:29 pm 

I'm visiting Puerto del Carmen in August with my wife (we're mid 30's no kids). First time in PDC.

We went to Costa Teguise a few years ago and found it a litle quiet.

Can anyone recommend or tell me if there are any Spanish bars and Spanish restaurants in PDC. Also after a good Indian restaurant.

Finally, we both like house music clubs or bars with dance music. Again, I'd appreciate some pointers.

Many thanks

Post subject: Re: Recommendations please - bars and restaurants
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:15 pm 

Not many true spanish bars or restaurants in pdc tbh. I'd recommend both san miguels and heinneken bar in the old town ( next door to each other). Both bars are spanish owned and will be packed very late especially after midnight on friday's. The only spanish restaurant I know of in pdc is tabena del nino (up the side street beside mcdonalds on the strip).
As to house music..don't think you'll find much non cheesy stuff in pdc tbh. There's some house clubs in arrecife but never been.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:01 pm 

Thankyou for the advice. You know what, we never thought of going to Arrecife so we'll have a search on the net to see what we can find (clubs and bars). Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:47 am 

There is a little spanish restaurant called Maritimo it is on the front near The Tavern, Brian Boru et up near the Fariones. The food is usually good there and prices reasonable. For tapas you are best to go to Play Honda the other side of the airport, you could walk down along the back of the airport it is a good walk. There are many small places along the seafront there. If you have a car try Playa Quemada which is about 20 minutes away of El Golfor which is about 40 minutes drive. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 pm 

Down in the harbour in PDC old town you will find some spanish restaurants. And, if you rent a car, try Arrieta, Uga, Femes or other small towns. The only way to find house or any electronic music is going out in Arrecife. Its nos that far from PdC. There you will find the calle Jose Antonio with many clubs that you can check out easily because theres no entrance fee. Have fun.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:50 pm 

thanks for all the replies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:01 pm 

hi there,

Another place to try is the bar that is overlooking the beach. They play some pop / chart during the day but a few times when we've been in the evening the dj actually plays soulful dance / soulful house and a bit of chill out stuff too. Deffo the best music i've found so far. I can't remember the name of it, it's kinda hidden away a little above the beach with yellow umbrellas out. just across from Mcdonalds I think or just slightly further up on the other side of the road.

A nice evening out in PDC would be to go there first for some tunes and cocktails whilst you watch the sunset over the beach and then head over to the old town - the best place that i've found so far by a mile is La Bodega (spanish) and then walk just around the corner and down the steps to the Heineken bar.

It's probably not a cheap night out but a really great night. Heineken bar plays cheesy pop unfortunately. If I find anywhere that plays good music, i'll post up. (I'm going again in a week or so) :D :D
Cheers

Jayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:37 am 

i'll keep an eye on this thread. i've subscribed to it, so thanks again for the replies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 pm 

ococo in Arrecife.

see www.ococo.es

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:49 pm 

el chupadero has concerts and dj nights, great location right in the wine region
and check the lanzaroteplus guide book for great restaurants on the island, all their articles are for free in internet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:55 pm 

a good restaurant near the heineken bar was la lonja. excelent seafood and steak. very pleasant staff.

we're going again next august :mrgreen:

we'll definitely check out arrecife. we only had one quiet night there (tapas and a few drinks)...hopefully a bit more lively next time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:52 pm 

Hi,
A great little bar which opens til around 5am is Ollys at McGees near Friends and Arthurs in CC Maritimo on the strip heading towards the San Antonio Hotel. Dubliners is to the front of this little square, you may have to search for Ollys but its well worth it, lots of spanish and other nationalities, Olly is a great host and his cocktails are to die for. :). Also just in front of Ollys is a highly recommended Indian restaurant (The Poppadom), great Food. Google for reviews :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:26 pm 

I would thoroughly recommend Kristian's on Calle Teide, PDC. Our favourite to go to - fillet steak and strawberry and chilli sauce :shock: Mad but lovely. Lots of good reviews for TJ's Caribbean Tapas just next door too; I liked it although my partner wasn't so keen. Also, Emma's Cantina, a Mexican on same road with Mexican lady doing the cooking. La Chalana further up same road going away from harbour has lovely canarian food, either tapas or restaurant food. If you're veggie (or even if you're not), then Blooming Cactus in same road is brilliant.