Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Security boxes for rent in PDC
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:04 am 

Having read various posts regarding the hit & miss safety of valuables at our apartments that we will be staying at in July this year does anybody know of any hotels or other facilities that will allow us to rent a security box during our stay?
One of the larger hotels would be ideal but any secure office will do.
We are staying at the Las Lomas apts so a nearby venue would be great.

:idea:

Post subject: Re: Security boxes for rent in PDC
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:50 pm 

Every apartment and hotel we have stayed at in the Canaries over the last 25 years has had a safe bolted to the floor . There's always a charge. But they all have them.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 am 

Thanks for your reply, yes I know that the Las Lomas apts have safes in the wardrobes in the bedrooms but if you read the write ups from those that have stayed there it appears that there have been quite a few thefts from the safes including photos of one safe laying on the floor complete with concrete surround where it has been smashed from it's footings with a hammer.
It would also seem that some have been opened with keys as there were no signs of forced entry, it hardley inspires confidence in the security of these safes.
What I am looking for is a facility where the security boxes are say in a Reception area where we can just hire a box to keep our passports, money, valuables etc in for our stay.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:53 pm 

gazza54 wrote:
Thanks for your reply, yes I know that the Las Lomas apts have safes in the wardrobes in the bedrooms but if you read the write ups from those that have stayed there it appears that there have been quite a few thefts from the safes including photos of one safe laying on the floor complete with concrete surround where it has been smashed from it's footings with a hammer.
It would also seem that some have been opened with keys as there were no signs of forced entry, it hardley inspires confidence in the security of these safes.
What I am looking for is a facility where the security boxes are say in a Reception area where we can just hire a box to keep our passports, money, valuables etc in for our stay.

Crikey, I didn't know things have got that bad on Lanz !

I am sure that for a fee, some places will keep stuff in their safe. The only problem then would be getting a manager to re-open the safe, when you need the 'stuff'.