Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: some advice please - arrive 10th November
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 am 

Me and my partner are arriving on 10th November to PDC, our second visit, we can't wait!!

we are staying at the Isabel apartments - Cesar Manrique, 35510 Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain

We have been advised by travel republic to inform the reception of our arrival time, but I have no idea how to do this? I have looked everywhere on internet and can't find an email address for them. Aparently they only man the reception for a few hours a day.

Can anyone help at all?

Also, we are travelling from Liverpool and will be very keen to watch the Liverpool V Chelsea Game sunday afternoon - preferbly with a nice roast dinner in front of us, can anyone recommend somewhere that does a mean roast and nice pint that will be showing the football! ha ha.

Thanks guys

Post subject: Re: some advice please - arrive 10th November
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:19 pm 

Copy this link http://www.tisalayaapartamentos.com/con ... sp?lang=en use drop down menu on Contact with select Apartmentos Isabel.

We arrive in Puerto Del Carmen on 18th November, can't wait, enjoy

:D

Peter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:22 pm 

Why go to Lanza if you want to eat roast dinner and watch football,especially the shite premiership stuff.Go their and enjoy the culture.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 pm 

Thank you Peter!! star!! :D

NorwichMark, totally agree and the other 6 days we are there we intend to do just that, just like we did the first visit to PDC. But traditionalist as I am, no matter where I am in this world, Sunday Roast, cold pint and watching Liverpool preferbly in the sun is what I enjoy to do on a Sunday. ha ha.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:11 am 

Nowt wrong with wanting to watch Liverpool lol, trust me matey you'll not have to go to far to find a bar showing the match.

I'll have a look and see where your apartments are located and then recommend a bar close by.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:17 pm 

thanks!

I am presuming i'll be on the beach all day (hopefully - if weather is good to me) and will toddle to a bar at 3.30ish to get my seat & scran!

i'm so looking forward to it.

Another question, Casa Roja? the restaurant by the Harbour, I have never been, have heard its a bit pricey but the food is lovely! Thinking of taking the other half there for a 'treat', any good do you know?

Anyone been?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 pm 

Not far from your apartments is a little restaurant called Nico's. We found it the last few days when we stayed in the Plaza Palmeras, it's on the same hill as the Plaza Palmeras (not far from your place). It is facing a place called Spinakers, I can thoroughly recommend it for a nice meal. Spinakers was ok for breakfast (irish owned place) but the evening meals were a bit to much the norm.
I have eaten in a few of the old towns sea food restaurants and all seemed ok but I wouldn't rant about them. I never mind paying for quality but to be honest none of them stuck out that I even remember their names.
Route 66 is a nice cocktail bar on the sea front that is great to watch the world go by, drinks are all on offers up to 10.30 in evening.
Sunset beach does a good quiz with killer pool after it, depends what you like really, again it is on the front.
Most of the irish bars are over priced but all show most of the footy games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 am 

If you want to eat good food with the locals, go to La Chalana on Calle Teide in the old town. Brilliant tapas or restaurant fare, the choice is yours, and reasonably priced. 8) 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 am 

I'd suggest Mulligans for a nice roast. Its right on the strip, its always nice and cool in there and its a hearty fayre food wise.
Enjoy! We go home on the 10th after a weeks holiday so we will be DEpressed!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:05 am 

will do will do!

thinking of also going over to Fuerta for the day, last time we visited PDC, we was with friends so didnt do much other than relax, odd bit of sight seeing and chilling by the pool.

Bus from PDC to Playa Blanca, then the ferry over to Fuerta and a overnight stay in a hotel I think. But i'll see, the other half works hard, and tends to jst want to chill when we holiday, I am so excited about this one though, we both need it!

Thank you for all your recommendations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:10 pm 

Norwichmark ,
What on earth is the problem with Sunday roast ? do you not have that at home and if so do you enjoy it ? Well regardless of whether you do or not plenty of other people do and whilst on holiday like to eat their fave food (assuming it is), it would be plain stupid to deny yourself that luxury on some silly pretence !
Same with the footy, I watch footy at home cos I love it so I'd be stupid to deny myself that on hols - tch !
With regard to the two clubs in question though I can see where you maybe coming from, sadly both cant lose !
Have a nice day. - ole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:11 am 

Chez wrote:
I'd suggest Mulligans for a nice roast. Its right on the strip, its always nice and cool in there and its a hearty fayre food wise.
Enjoy! We go home on the 10th after a weeks holiday so we will be DEpressed!

Been in mulligans thought it was ok but nothing special, service was poor the time we tried it, food was reasonably priced although the 2 kids had extra cokes and they almost cost as much as the meal lol, it's a bit dungeon like going downstairs to eat and it's hard to pass by as there is 3 or 4 people trying to get you inside.