Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Spanish lessons
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:46 pm 

There is a note on the library in Playa Blanca about Spanish classes. They will be Tuesday and Thursday 10.00 -12.00 or Monday and Wednesday 16.00 - 17.00. You have to call 928 836834 to find out when the enrolment date and time are. Also while i am on here, can anyone explain what wealth tax is?

Post subject: Re: Spansih lessons
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:40 pm 

Hi
For a (fairly) simple explanation of the Spanish Wealth tax see
http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=w ... 2042,d.ZGU
Hopefully this will help....basically its a tax on your gross worth worldwide if you are resident here or just on your Spanish assets if you are not, over a certain amount at midnight on 31/12 you pay....under that amount you don´t......which is one of the reasons it is important to complete Form 720 if you are fiscally resident here and still own property or assets in the UK/abroad.

Post subject: Re: Spanish lessons
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:52 am 

Hi,

Alex, thanks for the info about Spanish classes. I phoned that number but unfortunately nobody speaks English there, and my Spanish is not there yet to ask even a simple questions, not to mention understanding the reply. Did anybody learned a bit more about those classes? Is there going to be a beginners level? Where and how to enrol? What are the costs?
Best,

Michal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 am 

i also rang the number and was told you have to go to the offices in the bus station, next door to the police and you can enrol there, i will pop in and let you know how i get on

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:38 pm 

Thanks Alex. I would go the myself, but we are abroad now and will be able to do it on Monday at the earliest.
Best,

Michal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:12 pm 

Typical Canary style, the Offices at the bus station said the person that deals with this will only be there on Monday mornings. They gave me a form to fill in and take back. So i asked at the library in Playa Blanca and she told me just turn up at what ever session is ok for you. They will access you. I will probably go to the session on Wednesday evening, but will have a look in on Tuesday morning, but not stopping as we go swimming Tuesday and Friday mornings, then stop for a coffee in the Roca Mar and practise our Spanish. Some of our group have good Spanish and one if them is Spanish!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:44 pm 

i went to Playa Blanca library this morning and was told all classes are now full. I could try Yaiza or try again in May.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:11 pm 

Thanks Alex. I've been there on Monday and heard same thing - just didn't have internet to report back.
Do you know any good private schools in PB?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:11 pm 

Hi
Apart from a pre-school nursery there are no private schools in PB.....your nearest in are Puerto del Carmen........and cost about 1000€ per term.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 am 

There are adverts for private lessons in the gazette. In the past the free lesson here begin very full then after a few weeks people stop going. The last lessons i went to at the library, in the end there was only about 4 of us!