Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: still wanting to move to Lanzarote
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:55 pm 

lanzalocal wrote:
Oh dear...bit of a body blow to Scotland as both the Spanish and French Govts..have said ´´non´´ as regarding treating Scotland as a separate country,..
..Spain because if it was allowed the Catalonian separatists would demand the same..

I was expecting this ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:48 am 

Well..well...well......Boris pulls out of the running then....the thought of the ´´poisoned chalice´´ obviously got to him then :twisted: ...( mind you the phrase´´rats leaving a sinking ship´´ also springs to mind :oops: :oops: :? ).....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:46 am 

lanzalocal wrote:
Well..well...well......Boris pulls out of the running then....the thought of the ´´poisoned chalice´´ obviously got to him then :twisted: ...( mind you the phrase´´rats leaving a sinking ship´´ also springs to mind :oops: :oops: :? ).....

both main parties are at a shambles atm which is not making things any better since Brexit :(

and raining everyday ( suppose to be our summer ) is also damping the mood :shock:

hopefully next year I can make my dream move to Lanzarote and leave all this behind :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:55 am 

htrj.I think you had better have a long look in the mirror .You are coming across as a VERY angry and bitter bigot.The U.K. is a democratic country and the people voted.Just because the vote did not go your way you think you can call all the people who do not agree with you all these names-you sound like a very bitter person.I voted to remain.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:47 am 

He he he.....well Nigel has decided to step down as he ´´wants his life back´´...thats after screwing up the lives of millions of pro -europeans --he has joined Boris and hopefully soon to be many others in the ´´´just wanted to get myself noticed and didn´t really think of the consequences´´ club.........what a complete shambles for the anti-europe bunch :oops: ....first all of their promises and predictions shown to be outright lies ( no 350 million for the NHS....if a free trade with the EU deal is negotiated then it must include free movement )...then the two most vocal opponents of the EU ,suddenly deciding like that well known actress Greta Garbo..´´they vant to be alone´´´....no probs there guys :lol: ..not only have you alienated most of Europe. :roll: ..but now your UK supporters are going to be let down too. :shock: ....how long must the madness continue :( :( :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:49 am 

all I can do atm is to carry on getting my qualifications for diving and see where we all stand in 12 months time which is the time when I should be ready to proceed with any moves

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:18 pm 

And the pound continues to fall....now down to 1,17 euros.....all because there is NO credible leader either for or anti european in sight.....what an absolute mess :? .....well done Brexiteers. :twisted: ....you have done what two world wars and hundreds of years of history have failed to do....brought the UK to its knees :( ...then walked away :shock: ....´´please sir..it wasn´t me sir....it was them nasty foreigners...honest ´´ :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 am 

Another one bites the dust :lol: :lol: .....some sense finally appearing now that Gove has been voted out of the contest for the leader of the Tories...funny that isn´t it that in a ´´democratic´´ way all the people who were so vocal in getting the UK into this mess.and out of the EU (Johnson,Farage and now Gove) are slowly disappearing :roll: :roll: :roll: ...now if someone who has common sense wins and accepts that the result was a´´protest vote´´ :? :? ...and given the misinformation spouted by both sides during the campaign, offers a re-run of the referendum seeing as how now, companies prepare to leave the UK....that the pound has and will continue to fall ( now just managing 1.16€) and that their annual ´´jollies´´ abroad are now going to cost more,,,,and that most of the populace NOW understand the implications of ther actions....then maybe at last sanity will prevail :D :D
Especially taking into account, that 4,5 MILLION people have signed the petition to re-run the vote ( that is over 4 TIMES the actual winning majority :oops: :oops: ) , that would be truly democratic :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:55 am 

Well said Lanzalocal, and also let's throw in a General election, because no one voted for the leader of the CON party, the so called Prime minister.

I would welcome that, bring stability that this so called government has destroyed in the UK.

Worst government in history.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:47 am 

Is nobody worried that, of the 2 remaining candidates, Theresa May is seen to be the moderate???

I'm bloody terrified. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:27 am 

Yes Robert ...very worrying indeed ...perhaps the Tories and the general public wish for a ´´Maggie´´-like figure who will stand up to Europe and improve Britains economy ( without actually leaving...handbag swinging wildly in EU summits :lol: :lol: )....sadly most forget that her ´´Maggie-ship´s´´ measures at the time involved -crushing the unions...streamlining businesses ( causing huge unemployment)...shutting down and selling off state owned monpolies..encouraging a ´´dog eat dog ´´trading scenario, and generally acting in the manner of ´´nanny knows best´´ as regards Joe Public.......a repeat of which could sound the death-knell for the UK as it exists now. :( :( ....thanks to EU law preventing most of the more extreme actions..which will not be the case if the UK is no longer a member :? :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:52 pm 

Hi...funny old week and very strange that NOT one of the ´´lets leave´´ crowd is still left standing :roll: .....proving once again that not one of them really had a plan or the ´´guts´´ to stand up and be counted :shock: ....as Leadsom stands down .. rather than put herself and her family through a few more weeks of ´´pressure´´....sorry love but if you are going to be PM expect to put your family and yourself through a few more YEARS of ´´pressure´´ :cry: .....
.also strange that all the ´´Brexiteers´´ on here and other forums have gone exceedingly quiet all of a sudden :wink: .....don´t tell me they too, have finally come to their senses as well..,,, :?
.now that would be a´´turn-around´´ :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:17 pm 

Still here still waiting for the uk economy to collapse ( FTSE 100 11 month high ) why not accept the wishes of british people and stop moaning and groaning about a country that you no longer live or have a say in.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:52 am 

Hahaha ..knew that last comment of mine would elicit a response from you Sparky Mark :lol: :lol: ....reason your pound and stock market have not collapsed yet---WELL hate to break it to you...but you haven´t actually left yet....and there is NO sign of you doing so in the immediate future either :shock: :shock: Article 50 shows no sign of being triggered or any resolution in your Govt. to do so either.....sort of political ´´brinkmanship´´ going on there :? :? .
..why am I so concerned...simple answer....hate to think that a country I grew up in has decided to consign itself to the ´´dustbin of history´´ because just over 17 million (less than a quarter of its population ) were so swayed by racism,and false (actually blatantly untrue) promises of a ´´better´´ future (PS Pound still sliding..althougth now more gradually against the euro ...by the way ).....and all the ´´leaders´´ and stalwarts of this prophecy ...well they seem to have decided its not really for them, so lack the courage of their convictions :evil: :evil: ...and have taken to the hills until the fuss dies down :lol: :lol: :lol:
You really need to watch this clip from question time which pretty much states the case !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5nI_4uXzD4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:27 am 

Good morning lanzalocal just off to work as I am back from holiday on that terrible island that you live and I see that Italys banks are in BIG !!!
trouble and will probably need a bailout from the EU SUPERstate.
Anyway must go but enjoy your day