Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: still wanting to move to Lanzarote
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:12 am 

now that UK is no longer part of EU I now assume that I will have lots of obstacles for me to move to Lanzarote next year

any advice on what I can do to help me still make this happen would be appreciated

Post subject: Re: still wanting to move to Lanzarote
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:00 am 

Like everything else's there will be pros and cons a I am hoping the property prices will drop and we can snap up a bargain because the prices at the moment are totally over the top, and hopefully the pound will eventually improve and many moaning ex-pats will want to return to the Uk as life will now be so terrible in Lanzarote and Spain !!!! Happy days an independent UK free from the europrats and cheap Spanish property free from a load of moaners.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:56 am 

As usual an innaccurate and ill-informed post from a bitter person....property prices will only fall if there is major recession...and now the sick man of Europe ( the dis -United Kingdom) has bowed out then that is unlikely ..although who can predict these things..as to residing here afraid once Article 50 is triggered ,,,by whichever dis-UK Govt is in power then the probability is you will require a resident visa /permit as you will no longer be in the EU,,,and anyone here at the moment would have to be insane or so xenophobic that they should be certified ,to swap a better, more cosmopolitan and more racially integrated way of life . with a reasonably stable currency, for a country that has decided to jump off a cliff...without looking first

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:46 pm 

when applying for visa/ work permits do they last a certain time and then having to apply again ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:00 pm 

Hi Glaz
The problem is......nobody knows :roll: .....as a country has not left the EU recently and the legislation is at best ...hazy...at worst non-existant at the moment, then the validity of any future visa/residence permits is still awaiting a decision as to what is going to happen..
...for at least the next two years after the Brit Govt. decide to trigger Article 50...then it is status quo.....but the Spanish Govt could and I only say could, bring this in at any time as regards Britons, on the proviso that the UK have decided to leave....so any accurate advice cannot be given at this time...sorry :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:06 pm 

Hi Glaz,

Firstly, I am angry about the decision to leave the EU as will quickly become evident in the next few paragraphs.

Assuming the mindless xenophobic bigots we share this country with don't come to their senses at a second referendum I think your only hope to safeguard your plans to join a better society is to become an EU citizen again. Since we became the Divided Kingdom last Friday many British people have applied for dual Irish/British citizenship. Of course this can only be done if you can prove a blood line back to your Irish born parent or foreign born parent and Irish born grandparent. With a bit of effort your great grandparent could get you registered. Only one family line is required and it does not matter if they were born in the North or the Republic. This system may apply to other EU countries also so it might be worth doing a bit of investigation should you know of any European born ancestors.

However, being as the broadminded, tolerant, forward thinking, proactive society that remains in the Divided Kingdom has been quashed by a few unknown ne'erdowell northern towns and a handful of sister humping rural backwaters I suspect Scotland will implement a similar Citizenship arrangement to Irelands system before long as was stated in the SNP's last referendum manifesto.

If you are of English or Welsh decent just keep your fingers crossed that the soon to be formed government remember you in their negotiations. The only thing we can be sure of in that situation is that no matter how hard your relocation is, it will be worth it. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:31 am 

thank you all for your replies , I live in England but I am actually Scottish so a lot can change for me if Scotland was to leave UK and get back into the EU but I expect if that happens it will take years for this to happen if it ever does

I still have a year to get more diving qualifications and hopefully by then we have a more idea of the situation and hopefully be able to carry on my plans with moving

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:35 pm 

So thats 52 % of the country are biggest and racists what a load of rubbish the people on the remain side want to grow up and accept what the majority of the country have decided And the people who live in the northern towns and villages have every right to express their opinion just like the people of London

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:55 pm 

Hmmm now over 4 MILLION signatures on the petition call for a re-run of the vote (and that is AFTER 80,000 signatures were ´´disqualified ´´ for being ´´dodgy´´)...it would seem that OVER 4 TIMES the figure the deluded ´´Brexiteers´´ won by is sufficient enough proof that maybe....just maybe, it was the wrong way to go....notice that there is hardly a charge to grab the ´´poisoned chalice´´ of which PM and party will push the leave button...maybe all parties realise that whoever chooses to do so ...will be consigned to the dustbin of history...as happened to the Liberal Party in the 1920 s .... :shock: :shock: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:24 pm 

I don't think that all of the leave voters are racists and bigots. But all the racists and bigots now think that all the leave voters agree with them.

Interesting times ahead, JP Morgan are advising clients that Scotland will be an independent country within the EU and with it's own currency by 2019.

Maybe September's holiday won't be my last one in Lanzarote after all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:55 pm 

Oh dear...bit of a body blow to Scotland as both the Spanish and French Govts..have said ´´non´´ as regarding treating Scotland as a separate country,..
..Spain because if it was allowed the Catalonian separatists would demand the same..
.France...well think they are just being ´French´´ and saying ´´non´´....as they did to the UK for 15 years until the early seventies when a change of Govt in France said ´´oui´´to Brit EU membership.
Either way if either choose to block accession then unfortunately its a non-starter....particularly here as the Spanish want Gibraltar back...and after being on the back-burner for many years due to both the UK and Spain being in the EU( and you should not argue with ´´friends´´)...Spain now sees no reason why it should not pursue its aim of a totally Spanish Gib....as opposed to a Brit overseas territory.....especially as now the PP and Rajoy, who are both determined to get Gib back, have just won the General Election here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:16 pm 

At this stage it's just posturing. The Scottish government's view at the moment is that Scotland could remain in the EU as opposed to join as a new country. That would mean no-one has a veto but it would be down to the lawyers.

If it came to us joing as a new country then I doubt a PM of a minority government would veto a country with the largest fishing grounds in the EU since his country has the largest fishing fleet, especially since his veto could be used to veto Catalonia anyway.

Lots of discussion to come though, nothing is either ruled in or out at this time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:22 pm 

Lanzalocal looks like you have woken everyone up on the forum instead of the usual where is the best supermarket type of question !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:33 pm 

SPARKYMARK wrote:
So thats 52 % of the country are biggest and racists what a load of rubbish the people on the remain side want to grow up and accept what the majority of the country have decided And the people who live in the northern towns and villages have every right to express their opinion just like the people of London

This may surprise you but I am pro change, pro democracy and pro freedom of speech. I am not pro anarchy however. That is clearly what I see being played out in front of me.

I would be happy to accept this vote were it not for the fact that it was swayed by people who had formed their opinions by, at best, a total lack of understanding or, more specifically, two enormous porkies! Those people were from the North of England, Wales and the West Country - all parts of Britain with some of the lowest immigration but apparently the greatest xenophobia. Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow with much higher immigration figures per capita, higher prosperity, higher growth and higher employment all remained in and this is before we include the discussion of "protest votes".

With this in mind do you honestly think that a 48.1/51.9 split is a reliable representation of national interest?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:10 pm 

´´Lanzalocal looks like you have woken everyone up on the forum instead of the usual where is the best supermarket type of question !!!!´´

Well I aim to please :lol: :lol: .......wish one side or the other had a ¨¨Blackadder´´ type character.....then at least one side could come up with one of ´´Baldrick´s´´ cunning plans......as at the moment neither side seems to know what to do....or have a clue how to do it :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: