Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Teacher Training in Lanzarote
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:30 pm 

Hi,

I am a recent Graduate and wish to live and train as a teacher in Lanzarote, does anyone know how i would go about doing this? Where can i train to be a teacher in Lanzarote?

I would be grateful for any information

Thank you

Emma :)

Post subject: Re: Teacher Training in Lanzarote
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:22 am 

Hi
Afraid most of this advice is going to be negative but hopefully will be useful........you will need to completely fluent in Spanish(and to have attended a Spanish University offering teacher training)in order to work in the Public school system here
Due to recent massive educational budget cuts schools have enlarged their classes and cut down heavily on teacher recruitment(so jobs are few,if any. and many teachers unemployed who will take priority over you when vacancies arise )
Sadly the jobs will nearly always go to native Spanish -born teachers first.

However on the plus side there are many private schools where you may obtain a position with current UK teacher training education......just Google ´´english/international schools in Lanzarote´´ for a list of these...perhaps contacting them first would be your best bet....as you are unlikely to be able to walk into a job here without some previous teaching experience .