Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Books | Advertise your Business
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Temporary work
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:28 pm 

Hi my name is paul, I have just finished working as a singer for a thomson hotel, I loved it so much, I would like to do one nighters on the island as an entertainer , my plans are to drive my motorhome and stay in it , use it for transport to gigs, but im told I wont be employed without a contract and because I wont have a residentil address I wont get the necessary papers to knock on bar owners doors for work because the wont employ me , surely all the singers, djs over there arnt reedential I only want to do it for the main season next year, can anyone explain if this is doable as a visitor please,

Post subject: Re: Temporary work
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:45 am 

Hi
Simple answer is no......for several reasons .....first there is no permanent camp site on the island and it is illlegal to camp except on the one and only approved site,and the approved site vacancies( when they are open) nearly always go to residents
secondly....you do not have to be physically resident here....BUT you must be legally resident in Spain and have a fixed address for purposes of a work contract (without which you cannot legally work)or the address of an agency representing you here which is also acceptable.
thirdly....you say it yourself --is it doable as a visitor´´´....answer is a resounding NO.....for several reasons the main one being you will be taking work away from legitimately employed people....you as a visitor will not be ´´in the system´´ so no health care,etc.....and very few if any employers are going to risk the cost of a big fine for employing you ´´illegally´´,
By all means register as ´´self-employed´´ (costs around 280€ per month before taxes etc.) get a fixed address and work as an entertainer.....but to do it as the Spanish say ´´al negro--(meaning illegally.not registered and not paying into the system) is a ´´no-no´´.