Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thanks for all the help
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:11 pm 

Been back less than 24 hours and at work already :(

Thankyou for all the answers to my questions. Tried the breakfasts in both the Anvil and Cafe 34 and i thought both were about equal and both nice. (Anvil was a little further away). Did also cook my own breakfast on the outside griddle and for anyone else who would do this i recommend the frozen bag of Pork sausage found in Netto and Spa (tasted the same as the Anvil and cafe 34).

I wish i have paid attention to the advise about taking English cash i before i went i changed everything into Euro's here and only got 1.12 to the pound but in Lanza would have got 1.22.

I did spend alot more than i thought i would totalling close to £1300 for the week but this included a day trip and a couple of meals here and there for me and the other half, mind you this is not saying that it was expensive, average pint of beer around 2.50 euros and meals averaging around 12 euors per person, i just seem to blow alot everytime i go away. Didn't buy any presents either.

Must admit its the first time in ages that i was not ready to come home, and are planning to go in the same Villa in 2010 but for two weeks. One thing that did suprise me is i didn't think it was that windy as most people have stated.

Thanks again for all the answers and roll on two years, would go next year but to try and save £2600 for spending and then the Villa on top would cripple me for the year.

Post subject: Re: Thanks for all the help
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:22 pm 

So glad you enjoyed your time here in a place I'm so proud to call home!
Shame that you had the clouds and rain on your last day ... but we did it just to get you used to what you were returning to! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:28 pm 

I missed the clouds due to being on the way back to the airport at 8:45am so this didn't bother me. Mind you returning back to a slight flood at home was a pain and felt like jumping striaght back on the plane :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:35 pm 

I went back to england once arrived at 2100 and on the plane back next day 1000, seriously dodgy, cold, wet weather. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:46 pm 

I think they should give health warnings at UK airports about the dangerous weather there ... I caught a cold walking around in my shorts and t-shirt in January ... A bit like the bright red people we'll see after going out in the sun over here today!