Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tourist Inspectors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 am 

Well it's raised it's head again as we now know that two owners at Matagorda Bay community have been fined for illegal letting !!! We are not sure who and how much but I can't see this situation ever going away !

Post subject: Re: Tourist Inspectors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:08 pm 

Were they the ones reported some time ago denounced by their neighbours for noise and for DIY letting in a managed complex?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:50 pm 

Hello John,
I am not sure ,I am an owner but we do not let ( about 60% of owners let ) and some people are not happy about letting and I think they might have informed the Inspectors ! I can't see how this issue can be resolved without the whole Island going into meltdown and bankruptcy. If no one let at MB it would be like a ghost town.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:46 pm 

I ask because, on another forum, a regular who normally knows his onions said there have only been two fines on the island. From the general decline in excitement on various forums, I think the authorities have started to realise they are doing more harm than good, purely to satisy the hotel interests.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:56 pm 

Hi
It would appear that the authorities are taking a more sensible,less draconian, line as regards fining for illegal letting.......if you read the BOC(Boletin Oficial de Canarias) the wording regarding the offence and the time allowed to appeal have been toned down and extended ........giving owners the chance to put their side of the argument.......however the statement made by ´´this person/onion grower´´on another site is blatantly incorrect.......just consulting older BOC´s reveals that the number of fines extracted locally is easily into doublé figures.and includes a local politician as well as several German owners and of course the odd Brit owner.
You can now I believe apply for a ´´touristic licence´´ for private villa lets providing the property complies with all current legislation (ie all boletins up to date etc.),complaints book in place,etc etc etc. and the property is located over 200 metres from the coast(which could be up to 350 metres depending on where the coastal boundary is shown on the local town hall maps,as it can extend inland up to 150 metres)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:42 pm 

Have you seen this, Lanzalocal?

http://thegazettelive.com/forum/threads ... post-84347