Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Trustworthy decent estate agents in yaiza
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:13 pm 

Any recommendations please :wink:

Post subject: Re: Trustworthy decent estate agents in yaiza
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:00 pm 

After 10 years here, have yet to hear of an ´´untrustworthy´´one at the moment.....most of the ´´fly-by-nights´´ were ´´weeded-out´´ as a result of the recession( and either closed or cleared off :roll: ) ....so the remaining agents have been established a while and have a reputation to uphold :wink: :wink:
Could recommend several, but would probably miss the odd one or two out :oops: ...so best advising you to try a few, and see which one YOU feel ´´comfortable´´ with :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:03 am 

I have to disagree with lanzalocal.

Unfortunately trustworthy and decent are not words that I would associate with many estate agents on the Island.

Even though they will tell you that they work for the seller, always remember that they work in their own interest and will do whatever is necessary to make a sale go through, no matter how bad it is for the buyer or seller.

If you are a buyer, make sure you use a different lawyer than the one recommended by the agent (they will recommend the lawyer who is most likely to make the sale go through and brush aside any issues). Also remember that the lawyer is probably getting most of his/her work from the estate agent, so it is in the lawyer's interest to keep the agent happy.

If you are a seller, you could probably list the property yourself on the major websites as long as you can take some decent photos and do the viewings yourself. If you can't do the viewings then you'll probably just have to use an agent.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:52 am 

:!: Well have to slightly disagree with PBlanca on that one...can only speak as I find ...and have found that the agents that I have had dealings with ,have ,on the whole, been reliable and fairly honest ( although I agree like estate agents /car salesmen/ anyone whose salary is commission based,. etc ...´´ ..are not above´´ promising the earth´´ to get a sale....but surely that is endemic to their occupation wherever you are in the world :wink: :wink: )...be aware that they too have to make a living and adjust your level of belief/ trust accordingly :lol: :!: :!:
Excellent point though about ALWAYS choosing your own abogado (lawyer) rather than the one ´´recommended´´ by an agent ...for exactly the reasons listed above :( :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:48 pm 

I'd like to recommend Julia Harrison of Optima Estates in PB.

Commission based I'm sure, but a genuinely nice person and she is still helping us 6 months after we completed our purchase.

Can also recommend the solicitor we used - Mario from Arrecife.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:57 am 

In case anyone had any doubt about the shenanigans that Estate Agents on the Island will engage in, here's a link to a listing for the Villa that Justin Bieber supposedly purchased for €5,000,000 in Lanzarote:
http://www.location-lanzarote.com/lanza ... illa/1492/

Proto Group spread the story, saying that the property has direct access to the sea and that Bieber paid €800,000 over the asking price to secure the deal!

The villa is in Las Breñas, is on the market for 1.5 million euros and does not have access to the sea (by any stretch of the imagination).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:53 am 

Hmmm....´´Proto Group spread the story.....´´ well without any confirmation that is exactly what it is ...A STORY :roll: :roll: :roll: ,,,,,no facts, nothing other than an accurate estate agents description of the property...( which has NO mention whatsoever of ´´access to sea´´ :cry: )...anyone living here will be readily conversant with the ´´Lanzarote rumour mill´´...most of which has no basis in fact and is the result of too many afternoons spent in Brit bars and saying ´´well so-and so told me the other day :lol: :lol: ´´and then passing that rumour off as a ´´definite fact´´to other gullible souls. 8) 8) :wink: :wink:
The only ´´Shenanigans´´ I can confirm as a fact is a bar on the Avenida de las Playas in PDC which used to be ´´The Toby Jug´´ until it was sold...now that is a fact...I know cos I worked there at one stage :!: :!: :o

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:43 am 

Sorry, should have posted links to the actual (fake) news story - although I'm probably now helping to promote more lies and BS on the internet:
Here's some links
http://los40.com/los40/2016/08/18/actua ... 10133.html
http://www.infobae.com/teleshow/infosho ... -canarias/
http://www.debate.com.mx/show/Justin-Bi ... -0084.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:12 pm 

The ones I have used and had dealings, viewings, with are all PDC based but have PB properties within their portfolios and one has an office in PB (Yaiza Municipality).

Tim and Jurgen, House Lanzarote - Top notch., honest, tell the truth and don't hide behind potential loss of sales.
Jonny and Rodrigo Atlantico Homes and Homes Lanzarote - Good guys, a bit lax at getting back to you or answering mail enquiries, but Mark usually steps in, follows up and puts the issues to bed. Open Saturday mornings also.
John - Lanzarote Investmest - In PDC and PB, Nice guy, chased and helped with additional infos required etc.
Kevin and Olivier Roper KC Properties - Honest, straight, doesn't hide behind loss of sales. In fact went the other way in one advice to me.

So yes I agree these are good ones, they are all long term agents, homes, families on the island and everything to loose, specially now with social media. Its a conflict of interest to have someone over for a short term gain.