Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Woodside Cargo SL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:39 am 

For anyone intending to ship their furniture and household effects back to the UK, I would relate our recent experience with Woodside Cargo SL based in Fuerteventura.

Woodside Cargo SL packed, loaded and shipped our furniture and household goods from Lanzarote to the UK in November. We thought they had done a good job, and told them so at the time. However, on receipt of our goods in the UK, we found numerous broken and damaged items, together with scratched and gauged furniture. The following report was received from the removal company who opened and unloaded the container in the UK:

"We have just unloaded the cargo into the warehouse, it was immediately noted the cargo was not secured in anyway within the container and should like to advise that as a result we have claused the delivery note as follows;Standard Lamp Broken, Fridge Freezer dented. We should also like to advise you that the contents of all of the packed boxes remain unchecked, but make the following comments; - Many of the items packed wrapped in Plastic shrink wrap (in our opinion unsuitable for this type of cargo), the corners are exposed.- China not wrapped !! Wrapping on some parcels not secured. Also noted the cargo was not secured in anyway, ie. tied off.We have taken several pictures and these are on file awaiting your instructions."
"In the photos you can quite clearly see that they are taken while unloading is actually happening therefore you can see only some items with minimal plastic inadequate wrapping, chairs with none and some furniture with hardly any protection. The condition of boxes and quality of workmanship are well below removal standard practice it would appear from our end."

Woodside Cargo have denied all responsibility for this. As we were not present in the UK at the unloading, we have no hard evidence to apportion blame, apart from the statements quoted above.

Given our experience above, I would recommend that anyone moving from Lanzarote or Fuerteventura choose their removal and shipping company very carefully.

Post subject: Re: Woodside Cargo SL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:52 am 

Could I just point out that the post above was by JohnB and not by me, john b.

Post subject: Re: Woodside Cargo SL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:13 am 

john b wrote:
Could I just point out that the post above was by JohnB and not by me, john b.

Sorry John, I did try to change my username before, but the site wouldn't let me, or accept my proper name as the email address was already registered!

Anyway, I hope you and Marilyn are both well and continuing to enjoy life in the sun - we miss it!