Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: WORK NEEDED =)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:07 pm 

hey everyone, a friend and I are looking to move to Lanzarote we have booked 4 weeks in July but are hoping to find a job and place to stay so we can extend our stay for a few months. Any tips or advice welcome :D

Post subject: Re: WORK NEEDED =)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:40 pm 

I'm afraid your chances of getting work are almost nil, because there is about 40% unemployment here, and any jobs will get taken by people who know the ropes, and especially those who can speak Spanish. Places to stay are easy. Just Google long term rental property Lanzarote and you'll find some. There is an English language magazine here the Gazette, Google that, and find its on-line forum where there is a lot of discussion about employment.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:55 pm 

****,thats not good...im going over tp PDC for july/august...i contacted one of the pubs there last week and they said call into the pub wen u arrive and we will organise a interview for me..he said theres sum work going for PR and bar work..id say the best thing to do is look for work wen ur der,thats wat i was told by a few people anyway :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:19 pm 

oh no that really isnt good! i have emailed a few bars and clubs just waiting to hear back but guess I will just have to wait until we get there...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:41 am 

If you come, you really need to bring the money to fund yourselves for sevearl months, and to get back to UK if it doesn't work. Since you won't have paid into Spanish Social Security, you will not be entitiled to any state support here. The usual advice has always been that it is very hard to arrange a Lanzarote job from UK, you have to come here and do the rounds, but I'm afraid you are in for a tough time if you do in the present climate. Please do some Googling as I said earlier, so you can see for yourself the despair some people are feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:14 pm 

Please don't become an OPC timeshare tout ! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:29 pm 

It is probably best to be on the island when looking for a job,and be prepared to call into bars on a regular basis as you never know a member of staff may have left just as you turn up.